Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:41:08 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Tiny starter configuration for FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:05:01AM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Ted writes:
>
> > What I was indicating is that the statement that
> > the Windows UI is superior than the UNIX UI has no
> > meaning because you can put the Windows UI on
> > UNIX if you want.
>
> If I put the Windows UI on UNIX, I'm not running the UNIX UI anymore.  And if I
> want to do that, it's a lot simpler to just run Windows in the first place.  The
> fact that you might be able to get a Windows UI of sorts running under UNIX
> doesn't negate the significant and fundamental inferiority of the UNIX UI from

There are no such thing as "the UNIX UI". There exist several user
interfaces which can be put on top of Unix-based systems.
Worth noting is that MacOS X is actually Unix underneath the surface
and actually has a lot of source in common with FreeBSD, but the
graphical windowing system supplied with MacOS is quite different from
that supplied with FreeBSD.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson