Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 2020 06:56:12 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Gosha <gosha-necr@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How get kms console with Intel GMA 3600 (PowerVR)

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 00:16:10 +0500, Gosha wrote:
> Can anyone help me with getting FullHD kms console on a old nettop
> with Intel Atom D2700, with Intel GMA 3600 videocard?

Did you try compiling graphics/drm-legacy-kmod and using it
like this in /etc/rc.conf:

	kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

Also check that you have /boot/loader.conf with the following
entry:

	kern.vty=vt

There are optional entries to that file you could experiment with,
such as:

	kern.vt.fb.default_mode="1280x800"
	kern.vt.fb.LVDS-1="1024x768"

Of course you'd have to adapt the values to match the actual size
(in px) of the physical display.

Good luck! :-)

Further resources:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/Intel-GPU-Matrix

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/no-support-for-intel-gma-3150.73909/

PS.

I have a HP dm-1 "netbook" mini-laptop myself with Atopm CPU,
but that one uses AMD graphics with a shiny screen 1366x768 px
at 10x6" - works fine with FreeBSD 12. The console text is
so small and crappy it's not readable anymore, even by ants,
so yes, pure FullHD joy! :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany