Date:      19 Jun 2002 20:43:29 +0200
From:      Ulf.Kister@t-online.de (Ulf Kister)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB CompactFlash II adaptor

Hi there,

I am considering buying a digital camera and since I am *not* willing
to use Windows for transferring the photos onto my desktop I would
like to know if there are any recommendations about the storage system
to use (keeping in mind that it should cooperate with my FreeBSD
4.6-STABLE).

I dug into google and found some scary information about fried IBM
microdrive devices; also it seems that some CFII card work and others
don't...

Since I do not have any experience with neither USB nor newer storage
technologies and all that stuff is quite expensive I would be very
grateful for helpful hints.

BTW - My preferred Cameras would use CFII (or MicroDrive) or
SmartMedia cards.

thanx in advance,

Ulf Kister
--