Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:36:27 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need guidance in choosing mail-client

in message <20030703083852.GB2279@nosc.ja.net>, wrote Tony Hacche
thusly...

> It doesn't do html, but then e-mail should be text - if I receive
> an e-mail message in html-only I have no qualms about deleting it
> without reading it ;o)

True.  If somebody does desire to view HTML, add appropriate entries
to mutt configuration & mailcap...

  ~/.mailcap
    text/html ; w3m -T text/html %s
    text/html ; w3m -dump -T text/html %s ; copiousoutput

  ~/.muttrc
    auto_view text/html

...See "manual.txt" of mutt port for details on the above (section 5
on mime support, in version 1.5.4i) and evrything else.

  - Parv

--
A programmer, budding Unix system administrator, and amateur photographer
ISO employment...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/work/