Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:20:41 -0500
From:      Troy <sindrome@sindrome.net>
To:        Jordi YC <jordi_yc@lycos.es>
Cc:        MET <met@uberstats.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MS Outlook data transfer

I have done this type of migration in the past.  It works well. Simply
install imap-uw as stated below. I also use postfix rather than sendmail
with imap-uw. Make sure that when you make imap-uw, put the switch
WITH_MICROSOFT_BRAIN_DAMAGE (for obvious reasons)

I manually created mbox files in my $home/Mail
directory by using mutt, but you can create them using Outlook (even) when
you are connected via IMAP.

Once those were created, I connected to the Freebsd server from a M$
workstation using an outlook client using IMAP. I did this with both Outlook and
Outlook Express. I then manually went into each M$ folder, did a ctrl-a
(select all) and dragged the mail to the respective mbox folder.  Once that was
done, I was able to get all of the old mail from the M$ mailboxes in mutt
or from any standard IMAP client.

-Troy