Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:51:45 +0100
From:      Jay Tribick <netadmin@fastnet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh and scp

Hi

>  > I am very new to FreeBSD and I have been asked
>  > to investigate some security issues. I am not sure if this is FreeBSD
>  > specific or a general OS question so please bear with me.
>  > I use ssh to securely login to remote machines and I am looking into
>  > secure transfer of DNS database records between nameservers.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that what zone transfers
> are for?

Yeh but he's probably looking for something that's encrypted -
you could try the new DNSSEC beta's (www.toad.com/~dnssec , but
AFAIK they just sign the zone files and don't actually encrypt
them over the link.

Other than that, set them both up as being 'masters' and
just scp the zone files over every few [hours].

--
Regards,

Jay Tribick <netadmin@fastnet.co.uk>

[| Network Admin | FastNet International | http://fast.net.uk/ |]