Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:17:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        paul@freebsd.org, wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Knobs in /etc/sysconfig

> Yes, there is something wrong with /usr/local/etc, that would be imposing
> a structure on one place (/usr/local) we said we would absolutely not do
> that to in the base system.

Yeah but we're talking about *our* packages here and allowing them
to install hooks to start themselves up. Our packages already place
a structure on /usr/local so they might as well include their startup
files there too.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul