Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 02:50:15 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, imp@rover.village.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr, phk@critter.dk.tfs.com
Subject:   Re: Parallel port developpements - ppbus

>: If /sys/de/ is ideal for arch-independent drivers, why put arch-dependent
>: drivers in it?  (ppbus/*.c is apparently arch-dependent because it includes
>: files from i386/isa.)

I really meant (arch || bus)-dependent.

>But there is no arch-independent isa include files in the tree right
>now, so I wouldn't count that against the ppbus code just yet.  I

That's partly because isa is bus-dependent by definition, and partly
the fault of the committer for not re-engineering the include files -
if you want to put things in a new place then you get to implement
the support for it.  The old place (under isa) may be wrong, but its
just as easy to move things from there as from a wrong new place (not
easy).

Bruce