Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 04:53:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      klr@6s-gaming.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: teamspeak server on 5.3-STABLE

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:38:49 -0500, Jason wrote
>> installed teamspeak_server-2.0.19.40_1
>> from ports and when I start it up, the teamspeak sevrer starts, but
>> the web admin interface does not. When I try to start the server
>> manually as root, all It gives is
>>
>> monsterjam# /usr/local/lib/teamspeak_server/server_linux
>> Error starting daemon. Aborted
>>
>> any idears?
>
> Not sure about your problem, but AFAIK the sound driver is only capable of
> accepting requests from a single program only. So if you start a game and
> then
> teamspeak, teamspeak will not work. I've been playing around with this
> too,
> but I never managed to get it working. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Jason is trying to install the teamspeak server, not the client. The
server doesn't use sound output.
It is possible to run the TeamSpeak *client* along with a game, if you're
using a sound server, since it will mix the requests on its own (no more
dsp device busy).

On a side question, anyone knows why the mouse input on FreeBSD lags for
some 0.6 secs while playing Wolfenstein?  (and maybe other 3D, heavy
resource games)

It's annoying, since I use mouse1 to shoot and it's always delayed for
about 0.6 seconds.. Nowdays I'm used to it, but if there is a way to get
the old click-shoot behavior (like on Windows) it would be much, much
better.