Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 10:21:03 -0500
From:      rknebel@csrlink.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install problems

Hi,
I am trying to install freebsd on a third harddrive 1.6g which is jumpered
as secondary slave behing a cdrom which is secondary master.
I can partition the hard drve fine and install freebsd.
The kernal boots but it stops with the message changing root device to
wd2a cannot mount root. It then will just reboot.
When I go back to OS2 and look at the new partitions they say in partition
magic that they are corrupt.
I use system commander and have never had any trouble before with freebsd.
Can anyone point me in a direction to look.
Thanks Alot

--
Rick Knebel
rknebel@csrlink.net