Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:42:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alan Byrne <alan@picard.isocor.ie>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Building xv-3.01 for 1.1.5.1

Hi,
I'm trying to compile xv-3.01 for FreeBSD 1.1.5.1
The problems are only when trying to build the cjpeg stuff.
Trying to remember the error message.....from late last night.

everything in xv-3.01/jpeg compiled ok, but on the build of cjpeg/djpeg I
get undefined errors for jget_small, jfree_small, jget_large, jmem_init +
others from jmemmgr.o
These functions are all system dependent and are supposed to be defined
in jmemsys.h (I think).
It looks like I'm leaving out some very important switch somewhere in the
makefiles, 80x86 related ?? I've strained my eyes on the docs, but I'm
getting nowhere.

Anyone any ideas.
I don't really want a pre-compilled package at this stage, I would
just really like to know why it won't build

I can send the full error codes when I get home if need be.

Thanks for the help, keep up the great work.
And I won't even ask when 2.1 is coming out ;-)

Alan