Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:59:15 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel ICH5R Raid support

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 03:50:54PM -0500, Gary D. Margiotta wrote:
> >The pure SATA functionality and metadata read support for Intel MatrixRA=
ID
> >(which the ICH5R uses) are supported from 6.0-RELEASE onwards.  6.1-RELE=
ASE
> >will introduce write support for Intel metadata.  See ataraid(4) for
> >for details about read/write support.
> >
> >- Christian
>=20
> Cool that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.  I was looking at the=
=20
> online man page for ataraid, but I guess I haven't had enough caffeine ye=
t=20
> since it's not registering well.
>=20

Well, if you have suggestions on how to improve the manpage, let me
know.  Basically read support lets you use the RAID, but creation,
rebuilt etc must be done from the controller BIOS.  With write support
you can do all this from atacontrol(8).

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--