Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:08:21 +0300
From:      dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: is CARP still impossible on SMP in 6.2?

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:28:13PM +0300, dima wrote:
> d> I'm trying to make CARP working on a 2-Xeon hardware. It worked OK on 5.5, but not on 6.2.
> d> The result of compiling both
> d> options  SMP
> d> device   carp
> d> into the kernel makes it crash in 'swi1: net' kernel thread on a random (usually first) use of the CARP facility.
>
> Can you please provide a backtrace?

It's not that easy. The server becomes extremely unstable under these conditions.
I tried to build the kernel with '-g' option and included 'dumpdev' in /etc/rc.conf. The server can't even make a memory dump: it either gets one more page fault or just stops responding to anything but Reset key in the beginning of the dump.
It's strange since it rebooted well while the kernel was built without debugging symbols and a dumpdev. Any ideas how I can make a memory dump?