Date:      Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:05:11 +1100
From:      Michael Vince <mv@roq.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_de_la_Goublaye?= <fredericdelagoublaye@free.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: *** need help *** apache tomcat mod_proxy_ajp.so

Frédéric de la Goublaye wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to use Apache 22 Tomcat 5.5.12.
>
> I already know that I have to include in httpd.conf:
> LoadModule proxy_ajp_module libexec/apache22/mod_proxy_ajp.so
>
> How can I install the mod_proxy_ajp.so on FreeBSD 6.0 ?

Its built into Apache22 if you use the right build command from ports.

> I used this command to install apache22:
> #cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
> #make install clean

This wont do it.

> No error and apache22 is working well
>
> # pkg_info | grep portupgrade
> portupgrade-20041226_9 FreeBSD ports/packages administration and
> management tool s
>
> # pkg_info | grep apache
> apache-2.2.0_1      Version 2.2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
>
> # /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -RrN -m 'WITH_MPM=worker
> -DWITH_PROXY_MODULES' /usr/ports/www/apache22
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:dbm_hash> in /var/db/pkg ... - 129
> packages found (-1 +1) (...). done]
> ** No such installed package or port: /usr/ports/www/apache22

It appears you do have an updated ports try but probably have an out of
date port index file, do this
cd /usr/ports/
rm INDEX*
make fetchindex
This will fix that problem.

Nuke/backup your current apache22 setup and make sure you remove your
/usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf file.
You can leave your httpd daemons running and serving requests in the
background to minimize down time if its a live service, I have upgraded
Apache or added extra modules this way many times with technically zero
down time.

Now rerun the portupgrade command.
/usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -RrN -m 'WITH_MPM=worker
-DWITH_PROXY_MODULES' /usr/ports/www/apache22
And check if the module is there, there isn't any reason why it wont be,
unless you got errors from portupgrade.
ls -al /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_proxy_ajp.so

Mike