Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:55:03 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John <jwd@bsdwins.com>
Cc:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.0-20021027-CURRENT.iso cdrom will not mount

--==_Exmh_-557452456P

If memory serves me right, John wrote:

>    How many other people are testing the 5.0 sysinstall booted
> from a cd and running a local (cd/dvd) install? Try booting and
> installing from the iso at usw2.freebsd.org and see if it works
> for you.

I'm able to boot and install CURRENT snapshot releases I've generated
locally (last was around 20021025).  (My machine is a Sabre 1815, ICH2
ATA100 controller on-board, CDROM probes as "<SONY CD-RW  CRX175E 1.0j>".)

I know that sam and phk were able to do test installs as well.

How are you making your ISO images?  I'm just doing release builds with
MAKE_ISOS=YES.  I don't *think* that GEOM should have any effect on
creating the ISO image.

I'll pull down that ISO and try it out, but it might take a little
while...

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-557452456P

--==_Exmh_-557452456P--