Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 16:12:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dr Noonian Soong <noonian@dreamhaven.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE Tape Drive question

I'm trying to set up a Seagate TapeStor STT28000A (ATAPI) on
FreeBSD-2.2.5-R.  Currently, my BIOS recognizes it on bootup, but I don't
see anything about it in the FreeBSD bootup messages, and I haven't been
able to find anything on the webpages or archives.  What
options/devices/controllers (if any) do I need to compile in to my kernel?
What device nodes do I need to make?  Does anyone else have any
expereience with one ofthese drives and FreeBSD?

Thanks,
James

PS.  Please cc: any responses to me directly as I am not subscribed to the
list.