Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:23:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trouble w/ network when trying to install

Hi all!

On Thu, Jan 15, 1998 at 04:58:54PM -0700, Brett Taylor wrote:
> I bought a new machine recently.  It is a PPro 200 machine.
> [network woes whining deleted]

The problem was fairly simple to fix actually.  I had been trying to check
the machine using WinDoZe NT 3.51 (which came installed) and it couldn't
find the installed network card so I borrowed a different card from
someone else.  This machine actually has the networking built in on the MB
so it was finding this and NOT the borrowed card.  Of course the cable was
plugged into the borrowed card ... sigh.

Thanks to Norman Rice for helping out.

I never did get NT to find the network card, yet FBSD found it right away.
Yet another reason why I don't use WinDoZe!

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/