Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 1997 13:08:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a last word on last

> > BTW, is color_xterm gone from port/x11 now and is xterm
> > the full replacement for this (as Satoshi (?) mentioned earlier)?
>
> The X11R6.1 (and higher) xterm supports ANSI color codes, i think this
> was the reason why the color_xterm port went away.  (I never used
> color_xterm, but my xterm supports colors. ;)

Are these the 16 foreground/8 background, CGA blink bit control
register, 16 foreground/16 background escape sequences put out by SCO?

I believe the "ANSI" escape sequences use the ISO 0-7 color codes,
and so are limited to 8 foreground/8 background.

Just curious...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---