Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:31:45 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Marius Kirschner <marius@agoron.net>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re-make mod_php

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:46:48PM -0500, Marius Kirschner wrote:
> I have the need to re-configire mod_php4 using the ports and add another
> package (--with-imagick) that is not part of the default options. Where d=
o I
> put the imagick source (should be in /usr/src/php/ext), and which file do=
> need to modify to include the "--with-imagick"?  Obviously there must be a
> way to do it, but after searching through the freebsd.org site I haven't
> been able to find it.  Thanks,

Hmmm... As far as I can tell, the --with-imagick option doesn't exist
in PHP4 or later.  Which is probably why there isn't a 'WITH_IMAGICK'
option in the port Makefile.

In fact, see this, from the principal author of PHP himself:

    http://www.phpbuilder.com/lists/php-general/2000062/0343.php

    "ImageMagick support is broken and deprecated"

You can achieve pretty much all of the graphical manipulations you
need by a combination of PHP's built in support for the GD libraries,
or by using the exec() capability of PHP to call external programs.
The netpbm library (ports: graphics/netpbm) and ImageMagick have some
suitable command line programs that you can work with.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way