Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:09:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Tak Pui LOU <lou@man-97-187.ResHall.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggested Laptop system

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Tak Pui LOU wrote:
> Subject: Suggested Laptop system
>
> Hi All,
>
> Could anyone suggest a laptop model which has all the device support by
> FBSD? I don't want something too old but I want to have sound card,
> network card, etc. working under FreeBSD.
>
> Thanks,
> ---
> Lou

Pick a few based on price and performace, and use google to see how well
the individual chipsets are supported. I've installed FBSD on several
Thinkpads, and they've all behaved well. The only problems with a modern
laptop and FBSD is winmodem support (if you need it, and it may work) and
power management. The battery may not last as long as you think.

A good place to see how well a particular model is supported is here:

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

There are some similar sites for FBSD too.

HTH - JB