Date:      Sun, 05 May 2002 01:40:58 -0500
From:      Jim Pingle <pingjj01@holmes.ipfw.edu>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11 doesn't run

Apologies if this has been addressed, I stumbled upon the thread via
Google.

I am seeing the same error below if I attempt to start tomcat using
tomcat3ctl. It does start normally if I use tomcat.sh in the
TOMCAT_HOME/bin directory. It worked for me before the change
from tomcatctl -> tomcat3ctl.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE (as of Apr 27)
jdk-1.3.1p6_4 (Also used jdk-1.3.1p5)
jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1_11

I submitted a PR having not seen a correction yet, and finding that
using tomcat.sh worked. The PR is ports/37762.

--
Jim Pingle