Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 23:21:49 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        rssh@cki.ipri.kiev.ua
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about portlint

>>         how's this?
>>         ftp://ftp.foretune.co.jp/pub/tools/portlint/portlint.pl-1.14
>1. As I can understand, you chack pathname in
> PATHSITES, PATHFILES.
>what if i have patch, living in directory
>ftp.x.y/pub/usr/X11R6/lib/patch-for-foo ?
>(of course, probability is low, but exists)

	I've added some rules to exclude URLs from the absolute
	pathname check.

>2. How about checkpathname in all files from
>  scripts/* (--optional, with WARH) ?

	I'll try it,

>No, it's I sorry.
> It is my port: pr-3758.
>You don't need to look at it, the matter, that the SR
>have own configure script, in which prefix must be parameter.
>then, in configure i seen the code in next style:
>  case $prefix in)
>      /opt)
>So, i *must* to write an absolute pathname.
>So, I want future, such as:
>### ---portlint, do not look at next line--- ###.
>PREFIX=/usr/local

	like /*NOTREACHED*/ or /*ARGSUSED*/ in real lint?
	mmm, that depends on how you interpret the warning from portlint.

	If you know what you are doing, I believe you can ignore what
	portlint warns you in the above case.
	portlint can never be a perfect parser for makefile/shell script/
	whatever... (of course I'm trying to, but I have to make a
	compromise at some level)

	anyway thanks for the comments, I'll try to update soon.

itojun