Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:20:57 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        Jeremy Shaffner <jeremy@external.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22320: NEW PORT: audio/id3lib

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Jeremy Shaffner wrote:

> Dern, beat me to it. (And to musicbrainz and freeamp as well.)
>
> I suggest the following changes to this Port.
>
> The configure patch as provided fixes a bug created by the original
> configure.in which itself has a bug.  It was fixed in CVS, but there
> has not been a new release yet.
>
> patch-aa should patch configure.in instead as follows:

That was exactly what I was trying to avoid.
I don't see any reason of having the AUTOCONF prerequisite when it can be
avoided.
Most of the time I run autoconf myself and then provide a patch to
configure script.
On the other hand, most people have AUTOCONF installed, so..
I think that it can stay that way, anyway, this patch will be removed
after a next id3lib release.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]