Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2009 00:46:17 +0300
From:      Subscriber <subscr1024@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

Firstly, pardon me for my poor English. Let me try to explain what I see.=

As you recommended, I attached usb mouse (trivial scroll+2but) to my note=
book.=20
With external mouse pointing became more easy, but problem still present.=
 I'll=20
try to explain deeper: when I simply place finger on touchpad (for moving=
=20
cursor) and then slowly move it, object under cursor catched (for explain=
,=20
letter in thunderbird's list), holded about second and then released, as =
if I=20
do 'tap-n-hold'. After it if I take finger from touchpad, cursor stop bli=
nking=20
and then blink just when I move finger again. Move finger - cursor blink =
once=20
or twice, take finger away - cursor stoped. If I try to enter text at thi=
s=20
moment (in xterm, Terminal, firefox address bar and so on), this text=20
displayed only after touching touchpad again.

With external usb mouse I see the same effect - while I move mouse, curso=
r=20
blink and text entered as usual, but if mouse stoped, cursor stoped blink=
ing too.

After several clicking left and right buttons randomly or just several mo=
use=20
moving (I can't discover regularity) cursor 'unfreeze' and text entering =

became independent of mouse moving until I clicking anywhere again.

Excuse me for long post, I hope this help you understand source of proble=
m. I=20
am not programmer (not for PC, anyway) and can answer more detailed only =
if=20
you tell me, what exactly need to do.

Robert Noland =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 14:03 +0300, Subscriber wrote:
>> Last driver works the same way - it looks like left button permanently=
=20
>> pressed. I use built in touchpad in my notebook with xf86-input-driver=
=2E Bad=20
>> workaround is to tap touchpad several (random) times, then 'virtual le=
ft=20
>> button' released. Hardware left button on touchpad works the same way.=

>=20
> Ok, is this a button problem, or is X hanging on ttyin?  If it is the
> button problem, I have an idea....  I have seen on some of my touchpads=

> that tapping for example won't work until a hardware left clck occurs.
> I think that it may be somehow related to the 3rd button detection.
> Also for examply when using the touchpad, then inserting and removing a=

> usb mouse, buttons can become confused for a minute.  I've found that
> clicking both touchpad buttons (paste) would get it all acting right
> again.
>=20
> robert.
>=20
>> Robert Noland =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
>>> The following reply was made to PR ports/131124; it has been noted by=
 GNATS.