Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:16:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      purebeef@shaw.wave.ca
To:        dan@wolf.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: getting access to my web pages with apache

On 31-Jul-98 dan@wolf.com wrote:
>>         Can someone please help me with getting apache to work. I have
>> installed it. It seems to run with no errors. The only problem is when I try
>> go to my own website here (the only one on this box) I get this: You don't
>> have
>> permission to access / on this server.
>
> It's more likely a permissions problem. Apache is usually
> configured to run as user "nodoby".  Does that user have
> sufficient permissions to be able to read your htdocs directory
> (in my cae, /usr/local/etc/apache/htdocs)?
>
> Dan Mahoney
> dan@wolf.com
        Hi Dan,

        This is strange (but most likely my problem somewhere) I can now access
24.64.141.183/~beef but I Can't access 24.64.141.183 (root doc?)
it says no data???? but in /usr/local/www/data the files are all there.

here is my apache setting:

<VirtualHost 24.64.141.183>
ServerAdmin purebeef@shaw.wave.ca
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data
ServerName 24.64.141.183
ErrorLog /var/log/purebeef-error_log
TransferLog /var/log/purebeef-access_log
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for any help you may send my way :-)

Lanny

   -----          -----
        \        /
         \      /