Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:37:20 -0800
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Separating the OS from the data [Addendum]

[Addendum]

Cvsup / makeworld: I apologize for missing that piece of information

Yes, I could use the usual update procedure, however, this is a production
machine. So my thought is: build a new OS on a staging machine, add required
symlinks, pull the drive (sled) and slot it into the production machine. In
THEORY it should be possible to do an upgrade in the time it takes to do a
reboot. For server farms this would be a big benefit...

Steve