Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:12:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enemy Territory

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Miguel Mendez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [Enemy Territory run attempt]
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > failed
> > ----- CL_Shutdown -----
> > RE_Shutdown( 1 )
> > -----------------------
> > ----- CL_Shutdown -----
> > -----------------------
> > Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
>
> > I know some X stuff have gone south due to my clumsy fingers, but
> > libGL.so.1 *is* present. I did a 'ls /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1' and it
> > was there. It even was present at /usr/compat/linux/lib/libGL.so.1
> > when I checked.
>
> > Any ideas on how to debug this problem? I there some other missing
> > stuff that can cause this?
>
> Ok, first, Enemy Territory is a Linux binary, and needs Linux libs, so
> make sure all the needed Linux libs are there (libGL et al).
>
> Now, I seem to remember that I had to specify the opengl library once to
> get it to work (sorry, I don't have ET installed right now).
>
> et should be a shell script that sets some variables and loads de real
> thing. Now there's a parameter you can give to the real exe (something
> like -r) to specify the full path for the opengl library. Try setting it
> to /usr/compat/linux/libGL.so.1 and see if it finds it.

I have the Linux compatibility stuff installed, no problem there. When I
installed the nvidia drivers, as suggested by another poster, it started
working like it should. Now it works fine.

Thanks for the idea of looking at the er shell script! I hadn't thought
about that. It might come in handy if more problems arise, or something
isn't workign at its best later on.

Thanks!

/andreas

			mail: ante@update.uu.se
"Americans have different ways of saying things.
They say 'elevator', we say 'lift' ... they say
'President', we say 'stupid psychopathic git.'"