Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:25:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ps@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   the shortest ports freeze ever

Hi Paul and Peter,

Just wanted to give you guys (and Yahoo!) a big thank you! for the new
and faster machines.  The reason why the freeze was so short this time
was because I could basically just start cvs rtag and the package
build script at the same time, and unfreeze the tree as soon as they
both ended (at about the same time).

Other than the index generation completing much faster, being able to
run multiple 4-stable builds in the past few days (sometimes twice a
day!) enabled me to unfreeze the tree right away since I'm confident
that the collection is in good shape.

Again, thanks for your help and the wonderful machines!

Satoshi (and the awesome ports team)