Date:      Sat, 08 May 2004 17:21:36 +0800
From:      Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   the most light weight X web browser?

Hello. My friend is running a tea house, she want to put her ancient
Pentium 100 notebook (24MB memory) running FreeBSD 4.9, on the bar so
customers can use it check mails and browse the web. (and I want to help
her.) She want it to just function as a browser machine, she don't even
need a window manager, the X starts up just to run a browser. (However a
memory saving window manager is okay, too.

But such a slow notebook what browser do you suggest to use? The
harddisk don't have much space after the OS is installed, and memory is
pretty limited. Epiphany comes to my mind, but it depends on Mozilla and
gtk. If there is an extremely light weighted browser that just use
Athena (or can be compiled so) it would be better.

Perhaps Epiphany is the only choice? If so can we make it even lighter?

Thank you.