Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:16:33 -0800
From:      "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Weird Sendmail/MX error

blaugh!

	So, i'm trying to have my FreeBSD machine (moo.domain.com) act as my mail
server, without much luck.  Here's what I've got:

	I took the freebsd.mc, and added the line "MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)" -- i
want all mail to and from my domain to be from user@domain.com instead of
user@host.domain.com.  I also added EXPOSED_USER(root), just in case there
were any problems.

	In my db.domain for my name server (also my FreeBSD machine named "moo"), I
have the following:

	domain.com.		MX 10	moo.domain.com.

	Now, the problem is that ANY incoming or outgoing mail to user@domain.com
causes sendmail to print the following error:

SAA00456: SYSERR(root): MX list for domain.com. points back to
moo.domain.com.

	All outgoing mail bounces and all incoming mail gets sent to root.

	Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I'm stumped.

	Thanks!

	marc.