Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:03:23 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Marcin Wisnicki <mwisnicki+freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to uninstall pkgng

--------------enig0941A2C530FEB794475A3784

On 09/06/2012 18:46, Marcin Wisnicki wrote:
> I've made a mistake of installing pkgng on 9.0-amd64 but since there is=
 no=20
> up-to-date repository I want to remove it.
>=20
> What would be the correct procedure to achieve that ?
>=20
> Invoking `pkg delete -a` still leaves some files including /usr/sbin/pk=
g.

Not easy.  You'ld have to delete the pkg port, undo any additional
configuration you may have added to eg. /etc/make.conf (ie. remove
WITH_PKGNG settings), undo any patches to portmaster (if you're using
that) and then reinstall all your ports using the original package tools
to rebuild /var/db/pkg/ contents.

/usr/sbin/pkg is part of base nowadays.  You don't want to delete that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3