Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:01:05 +0200
From:      "Sebastien Petit" <spe@selectbourse.net>
To:        "Archie Cobbs" <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netgraph question

> Sebastien Petit writes:
> > Actually I rewrote loadd (a load balancing daemon) for running with
netgraph. In the original version, loadd use Divert sockets with ipfw for
taking incoming/outgoing traffic.
> > What node I must use for doing the same thing ?
> > I try to use ng_ether but if I do that, People that run pppoe on the
same device as load balancing can't use it.

> Doesn't pppoe use the 'orphans' hook? In which case you should be OK,
> because you only need the 'upper' and 'lower' hooks.

yes, you're right pppoe use orphans hook. But I think it's cleaner to use
ng_etf than ng_ether. Because if I use lower and upper for doing load
balancing on a device, another program can't use it.
So some applications may enter in a conflict mode.

Sebastien.
--
spe@selectbourse.net