Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:41:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wyatt Banks <banksw@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   handbook correction

In www.freebsd.org/handbook/nis.html it says:

However, some operating systems (notably SunOS) use their NIS domain name
as their Internet domain name. If one or more machines on your network
have this restriction, you must use the Internet domain name as your
NIS domain name.

in section 17.7.4.1.1, and this is untrue.  I believe it would be true if
you replaced the word "network" with "subnet".

I know this is untrue because we do it here, so please, no replies
suggesting I am wrong.
Thank you.
banksw@sunyit.edu