Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   openoffice-devel problems on recent -current

I just installed openoffice-devel on a recent -current box.
	5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #61: Sat Apr 19 00:36:17 PDT 2003
I'm having trouble getting it to run though.

The first problem is that setup bombs out near, after populating most of
~/OpenOffice.org644/ and ~/.kde/, but before the "registering
components" stage.

% setup
crash_report: not found
Abort (core dumped)

If I try to run scalc, I get an alert window that says:
	The application cannot be started.
	Unable to create instance of com.sun.star.office.SplashScreen
and it exits when I hit the "Ok" button.

Another problem I ran across is that if I blow away ~/OpenOffice.org644
without removing the entry from ~/.sversionrc, that when I attempt to
start the software it attempts to "repair" the missing directory by
doing the much larger "Local Installation" instead of the smaller
"Workstation Installation".  It doesn't ask which I'd prefer, but just
starts writing.  Unfortunately my home directory is NFS mounted and this
triggered a bug in the NFS client code, which require a reboot.

1.0.3 works fine on this machine.