Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:09:02 -0600
From:      "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@panam.edu>
To:        "Robert Huff" <rhuff@cybercom.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Am not getting login prompt through serial connection

Just to make things clearer, right now I'm not concerned with the ppp
connection yet, just trying to log into the system.
So I assume that it doesn't log this in the ppp.log. If I'm right, where
does it log the info?

Other question, when I start the /etc/ppp/pppserv script, my modem lights up
that it is sending data(SD), transmitting data(TD), Ready(RD),
AutoAnswer(AA), and carrier sense(CS) at the same time. Is this normal while
waiting for a call to come in?
Thanks,

Alain