Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:22:50 +1030 (CST)
From:      tim <tim@lost.net.au>
To:        "Daryl Chance (Stinkfist)" <chancedj@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports Question (XFree and PostgreSQL)

No, you don't need X to build postgres. But if you build postgres
from the ports with TCL or TCLTK support, they will be installed
as a dependency, and they require X.

When you make postgres from the ports, just make sure to uncheck
'TCL' and 'TCLTK' in the 'configurations options' dialog that
comes up. I think that will solve the problem...

--
tim@lost.net.au