Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:08:57 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Francisco Sanchez <FranciscoS@nbci.com>
Cc:        "'jms235@sisna.com'" <jms235@sisna.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: silly error

Francisco Sanchez wrote:

> yes, the user is invited to that group
>
> ::::::: NBCi :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
> :::
> ::: francisco j sanchez
> ::: Software Operations Engineer
> ::: v://415.375.5380 e://franciscos@nbci.com
> :::

In the installation notes for XFree86 3.3.6 there were the following
instructions.

10. Installing the XFree86 3.3.6 Release

The XFree86 3.3.6 binaries are distributed as a full release.

NOTE: the X servers are no longer installed setuid root. If you are
starting your X servers with startx/xinit, or something similar, you
will need a copy of the setuid Xwrapper, and an updated xinit. These
can be found in Xbin.tgz.

It sounds like you have a mix of the old and the new and don't have
Xwrapper start your server. I don't see an Xwrapper in 4.0 but I may
have missed something.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart