Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:27:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        randyk@ccsales.com (Randy Katz)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VIEWING / PERMS-OWNER

> Is there any way to view the permissions on the "/" directory? And to
> view the ownership/group on it?

BTW, in case you were asking for the reason I think you were asking
(since there really isn't another reason to ask 8-)), there is no
underlying mount point for the "/" directory, so there are no
permissions on the mount point that can screw you up.  If you are
seeing odd behaviour, it's some other problem..

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.