Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:57:44 -0700
From:      "Phiber Optik" <aliaszero@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem Blaster Troubles

<P>I have tried everything from enabling PNPBIOS in my kernel to reading <EM>The Complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey</EM> and the handbook. I cant find reference to anything in any material where I can add support in my kernel or do ANYTHING to get my kernel to use my modem.</P>
<P>I did a pnpscan -v and saw that it does detect my modem (Creative Labs Modem Blaster Flash56 Di5601-1, PnP ISA Modem, not a winmodem) and it has the id DMB1032. I dont know where to go from there because nothing else seems to work. I have mailed a question similar to this one to this list once before, but noone could solve my problem. One person told me to add <EM>controller pnp0</EM> to my kernel, but that is for FreeBSD 2.x systems. So, if ANYONE has ANY experience with getting an internal ISA PnP modem working in FreeBSD 4.x, <STRONG>please</STRONG> email me.</P>
<P>thanks in advance,</P>