Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:38:08 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
Cc:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, =?UTF-8?B?Tmlrb2xhIExlxI1pxIc=?= <nikola.lecic@anthesphoria.net>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adding licensing info to my ports: some questions

On 01/17/2012 03:56, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Eitan Adler wrote:
>>> 1) Will licensing section ever appear in the Porters Handbook? :-)
>>
>> Yes
>
> Is someone actually working on it? If so, and is there some sort of
> target timeline?
>
> Back in 2010 when the framework was introduced, my general impression
> was that maintainers where advised to wait with the adoption until that
> chapter is written...

Personally I think we should scrap the whole thing. It is an interesting
idea, but the implementation has never fleshed out. It's also completely
unclear what any of it means from an actual legal standpoint, and
personally I'm not convinced that we aren't making things worse for the
project by doing this.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.