Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 21:23:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ted Stein <ted@taki.net>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mtr@eclipse.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Let's Get FreeBSD Some Recognition

	Those who watch the -chat mailing list will notice all the
messages back and forth about so-and-so supporting Linux and not FreeBSD.
The most prominent, that I've seen, is Netscape. As a large portion of
the world knows, Netscape's "Engineering Pit" has the bus sign connected
to the SGI. I'm not usually into this method of action, but if we bug them
enough..

	Send messages along the lines of "Give FreeBSD a chance", or
whatever your heart desires..

	Another thing I wanted to bring up without another post is
something I saw in a post last week. In comparison of FreeBSD and Linux, I
saw something like "We are both anti-Microsoft". I'd personally have to
disagree there. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am certainly not
against Microsoft. Above all, it does not further our efforts, as FreeBSD
fans/advocates, to insult another OS, the most popular, nonetheless. Do us
all a favor, focus on FreeBSD. We want to push FreeBSD because we LOVE
FreeBSD, not because we HATE Microsoft. Leave them out of it.

               Ted Stein             http://www.taki.net
              CGI/Backend               ted@taki.net
             taki solutions         Web Design & Hosting

	"What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over."