Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 95 16:59:10 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procfs problems in -current?

> > KERN=   ${.CURDIR}/../../sys/kern
> >
> > vnode_if.h:     ${KERN}/vnode_if.sh ${KERN}/vnode_if.src
> >         sh ${KERN}/vnode_if.sh ${KERN}/vnode_if.src
> >
> > ./vnode_if.h:   vnode_if.h
>
> What's this?

vnode_if.h and vnode_if.c are compile-time generated interface definitions
from a meta-definition language used to support file system layering.

They are part of the VFS interface.

Both are generated prior to compilation of VFS based file systems so that
the file system components may include the header file for the define and
exported interfaces used to hook the functions during vfs_init() in the
file kern/vfs_init.c.

Why do you ask?  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu