Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:03:36 -0400
From:      tommyk <tommyk@cove.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make world / 3-stable fails...

I'm a newbie to the cvsup system, but I thought I have this working
fairly well.

I'm currently running 3.2 from off a CD, so I got the stable tree and
the crypto from a
server using the standard files off the local disk at
/usr/share/examples/cvsup ?  At least, that's
from http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html pointer / link.  All
i did was change the
name of the server to cvsup3 ...

Everything seemed to work great, but I've been pulling out my hair.
Whenever I do make buildworld
or make world, I get this:

install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/src/gnu/lib/libdialog/dialog.h
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
cd /usr/src/gnu/lib/libgmp;
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/make beforeinstall
install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgmp/../../../contrib/libgmp/gmp.h
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
cd /usr/src/secure/lib/libdes;  /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/make
beforeinstall
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/secure/lib/libdes
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Where do I go from here?  Any thoughts on what's wrong?  I could just go
get the libdes directory from
the stable ftp server, but hey I want cvsup to work right....so, what
did I do wrong?