Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:46:01 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>, "Gogh, Ruben van" <R.v.Gogh@kappe-int.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT becomes default to deny

At 08:04 AM 2/6/2004, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

>I'm not sure what to make of this as IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT works
>fine for me in 4.8, 4.9, 5.1 and 5.2. Are you sure you compiled with the
>correct kernel configuration (and installed as well)?

I've noticed that, in 4.9-RELEASE (and probably in -STABLE too), making
even minor changes to your kernel configuration often requires

make clean; make depend; make; make install

to work. If you leave out the "make clean" or "make depend",
modifications to your configuration sometimes don't take effect,
depending upon what you changed.

This may be an indication that something about the dependency mechanisms
or makefiles isn't quite right.

--Brett Glass