Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:40:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, jkh@time.cdrom.com, torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Major bogon in tcp_wrappers port.

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> (Asbestos suit removed)
>
>  * _*PRETTY_PLEASE*_ cant we bring this into the "core" FreeBSD?
>  *
>  * With all the squeling about security, IMHO it is silly not to.
>
> I have no problem with the general principle stated above.  I don't
> know anything about the actual working of tcp_wrapper, so I'll refrain
> from commenting on this specific case.

I just installed it and it appears to be basically transparent
unless you set up a hosts.allow and/or hosts.deny file---similar
to the login.access functionality of login.  It does send more
stuff about connections to syslog, but with the default
syslog.conf, I don't think any of it actually gets recorded.

-john