Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:00:01 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        FreeBSD MAIL <freebsd@mauibuilt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-networking@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vlan filtering.

Why not just filter by interface that you have associated with the vlan ?
e.g. you want to block all packets from vlan 123 and your next free vlan
interface is vlan12

ifconfig vlan12 vlan 123 vlandev fxp0

ipfw add 12 deny log all from any to any via vlan12

This would effectively block all VLAN packets that are part of the 802.1q
vlan 123.

         ---Mike