Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 09:05:18 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multia

> >> Does anyone know this Multia supported with FreeBSD/Alpha?
> >
> > Yup, with some caveats.  $100 is about twice what people are used to
> > paying for systems in that condition; read the followup comments
> > carefully.
>
> Well, it seems CPU Micromart hasn't the best of reputations... Any tips
> where else I could find a cheap Alpha?
>
> The low speed isn't of much concern, and I really like the small case.

It's the heat you should be worried about.

TBH, mine arrived in about 10 days, and it's worked as well as could be
expected since then.  If you're in Germany though, it's going to cost
you another $100 or more to ship the rotten thing, and they don't pack
them well.

I'd recommend finding a local supplier, or taking one back in your
luggage if you visit here.