Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 15:20:35 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        "Fernando P . Schapachnik" <fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exchange substitute

--On Friday, May 18, 2001 3:47 PM -0300 "Fernando P . Schapachnik"
<fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar> wrote:r

> Ok, thanks everybody for the pointers... It seems that there is not
> still such a tool.
>
> Regards!

I don't see much relationship between a BBS and a groupware type of tool,
but anyway, quoting citadel.org (somewhere):

    During the year 1998 there were a bunch of developers who experienced
false starts while attempting to create the free software equivalent of
Novell Groupwise, Lotus Notes, or Microsoft Exchange. They failed because
they were all talk and no code. Citadel, on the other hand, has over ten
years worth of both developer experience and running code on which to base
a groupware platform ... and that's exactly what we're doing. We're going
to add support for all manner of Internet collaboration standards (IMAP,
vCard, iCalendar, LDAP, etc.) and make the system as flexible as possible
for use in non-BBS environments. At the same time, we're still moving
forward in our
primary goal of becoming the best and most powerful software package for
running online communities. Read more here, or see how far we've come
already.
	http://uncensored.citadel.org/citadel/status.html

cheers,

     Pedro.