Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 1997 21:44:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vadim Zaliva <lord@crocodile.org>
To:        umt-users@whale.gu.kiev.ua
Cc:        umt@topaz.kiev.ua, kvm@topaz.kiev.ua, Dmitry Kohmanuk <dk+@ua.net>, green@topaz.kiev.ua, bird@topaz.kiev.ua, Vlad Karpinsky <vlad@crocodile.org>, Sebastian Kamyshenko <sebast@crocodile.org>, linux-announce@stc06.ctd.ornl.gov
Subject:   Ultimate Mail Tool (UMT) source distribution

Dear UMT users,

After thoughtful consideration all possibilities of further UMT
development I have made decision which will may affect all of us.

I decide, since we are unable, because of luck of time, do further
development and bug fixes of UMT it is good idea to release sources to the
public and allow people continue development of this piece of software.

Currently UMT belongs to Topaz-Inform, Ukrainian company where we
developed it. Most developers are already left this company.  I talked to
officials in Topaz and got permission to distribute sources of UMT under
GPL in case if Topaz will be mentioned in documentation and About dialog.

In few days I'm going to put snapshot of UMT source tree to
ftp://ftp.crocodile.org/pub/UMT.

I will be still maintaining UMT. This means I will gladly incorporate all
your changes to our CVS repository and make new versions of UMT available
at my FTP site. Also, as time permits, I will be maintaining UMT WWW page
at http://www.crocodile.org/UMT/UMT.html

I would be glad to receive any feedback from you regarding this
announcement.

Sincerely yours,
Vadim

;; Vadim Zaliva                     + Those who do not understand Unix  +
;; mailto:lord@crocodile.org        + are condemned to reinvent it,     +
;; http://www.crocodile.org         + poorly.          (H. Spencer)     +