Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:41:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Lists <lists@mrvid.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unlimited e-mail addresses per user & Dynamimc IP -> Static Hostname

Hi

Few questions...

I.
If I have a domain (e.g. splash.nu) and have users dialling up, and
getting a static IP which resolves to their domain name (e.g.
kronus.splash.nu) is it possible for me to have it so that each user can
have unlimited e-mail addresses per domain name (e.g. the user who own's
kronus.splash.nu could have mail to postmaster@kronus.splash.nu,
root@kronus.splash.nu etc.), obviously this is either going to involve..

o       Coding my own SMTP & POP3 server (last resort ;)
o       Rigging sendmail & ipop3d
o       Could qmail handle this?
o       What about MMDF?

II.
If I have a domain (e..g splash.nu) and have users dialling up, and
getting a DYNAMIC IP address can I, as they login have their IP added to
the zone file so  that the IP they've been assigned get's resolved to
their domain name (e.g. every user has their own hostname, user kronus
would have kronus.splash.nu). I don't particularly want to have a shell
script doing an ndc restart everytime someone logs in. Would this involve
kludging named to handle this?

L8rz

KrOnUs <kronus@null.net> | http://www.splash.nu/ | PGP Key Available